Visiting for the first time since the site upgrade? Read what's new!
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 50.9066 / 50°54'23"N
Longitude: -0.7761 / 0°46'34"W
OS Eastings: 486148
OS Northings: 112613
OS Grid: SU861126
Mapcode National: GBR DG0.2M3
Mapcode Global: FRA 968Q.1GH
Entry Name: The Parish Church of St Andrew
Location: West Dean, Chichester, West Sussex, PO18
County: West Sussex
Parish: West Dean
Traditional County: Sussex
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): West Sussex
Listing Date: 5 June 1958
Source: Historic England
English Heritage Legacy ID: 301441
Source ID: 1026124
WEST DEAN PARK LANE
33/238 The Parish Church of
Medieval structure but little remains visible of early date. Cruciform
church with west tower and porch in the base of this. Built of flint with
slate roof. The chancel and nave are medieval. The tower dates from 1727.
The transepts are late C18. There was a fire in 1934 and the church was
then rebuilt by Frederick Etchells. The walls of the nave are pre-Conquest,
the chancel C13. Most of the windows are C18. The fittings date from 1934.
Wall monument to Sir Richard Lewknor (d 1616) and his sons. One recumbent
figure and 2 kneeling effigies.
Listing NGR: SU8614812613
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings