This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 50.865 / 50°51'54"N
Longitude: -0.4149 / 0°24'53"W
OS Eastings: 511644
OS Northings: 108474
OS Grid: TQ116084
Mapcode National: GBR GKJ.PX1
Mapcode Global: FRA B60T.B62
Entry Name: The Parish Church of St John the Baptist
Listing Date: 12 October 1954
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1027619
English Heritage Legacy ID: 297893
Location: Findon, Arun, West Sussex, BN14
County: West Sussex
Traditional County: Sussex
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): West Sussex
Church of England Parish: Findon, Clapham and Patching
Church of England Diocese: Chichester
TQ 10 NW FINDON FINDON ROAD
The Parish church of St
John the Baptist
Chancel, north chapel, south transept, twin naves under one roof, north porch and west
tower with broached shingled spire. Built of flints. the nave arcade is Transitional
Norman, the walls of the nave and the remainder of the church C13, but the roof of the
nave was rebuilt as a single span with crown-posts, probably in the C15. The whole
building was restored by Sir Gilbert Scott in 1867 but is still a medieval building of
considerable character and charm. It is also rather large for a downland village.
C13 screen between the north chancel and nave.
Listing NGR: TQ1172108456
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings