Visiting for the first time since the site upgrade? Read what's new!
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.1962 / 51°11'46"N
Longitude: -0.0535 / 0°3'12"W
OS Eastings: 536101
OS Northings: 145905
OS Grid: TQ361459
Mapcode National: GBR KKX.Z62
Mapcode Global: VHGSL.162C
Entry Name: Church of St John the Evanglist
Location: Godstone, Tandridge, Surrey, RH7
Traditional County: Surrey
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Surrey
Listing Date: 11 June 1958
Source: Historic England
English Heritage Legacy ID: 287746
Source ID: 1029770
TQ 34NE GODSTONE C.P. EASTBOURNE ROAD
9/81 Church of St John the
Church, 1842 by John Whichcord and Walker; apsidal chancel and
south aisle by G.M. Hills 1886. Galleted rubblestone with ashlar
dressings, restored plain tiled roof with cedar shingled broach spire
to west end. Nave and aisles, porch to south with chancel to east;
vestry to north east and diagonally buttressed tower to west. Early
English Revival window tracery. Planked door to west, south and north;
west door with moulded jamb shafts.
Interior: four bay nave arcade on octagonal piers with stiff foliage
capitals and double chamfered arches. Double chamfered chancel arch
with corbel band. Complicated semi-circular truss to apsidal end of
chancel roof; crown post roof in nave.
Fittings: Stained glass window to east end of south aisle dedicated
to Ann Beaumont. Early C20 by Morris & Sons. Octagonal stone front
with quatrefoil panels and arcaded stem.
Listing NGR: TQ3610145905
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings