Visiting for the first time since the site upgrade? Read what's new!
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.3212 / 51°19'16"N
Longitude: -0.4098 / 0°24'35"W
OS Eastings: 510908
OS Northings: 159206
OS Grid: TQ109592
Mapcode National: GBR 43.HD0
Mapcode Global: VHFVB.V270
Entry Name: Cobham Park
Location: Elmbridge, Surrey, KT11
Locality: Cobham & Downside
Traditional County: Surrey
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Surrey
Listing Date: 16 November 1984
Source: Historic England
English Heritage Legacy ID: 286707
Source ID: 1030211
TQ 15NW BOROUGH OF ELMBRIDGE DOWNSIDE ROAD
8/131 Cobham Park
Country house, now offices. 1870-3 by E.M.Barry in a French Renaissance style.
Coursed rubblestone on ashlar plinth, ashlar dressings, hipped slate roofs with
panelled stacks. 2 storeys and attic under stone dressed, segmental head dormers
to left, central dormer under triangular pediment. 6 bay front ABABA with projecting
end and centre bays and ashlar entablature over the ground floor. Modillion eaves
cornice and round arched balustrade with pylon finials to roof. Sash windows in
architrave surrounds, first floor windows to outer bays with stone balustaded
balconies on foliage brackets. Central first floor window in a rusticated block
surround with floral decoration. Projecting single storey porch to centre with
bowed balustrade above carrying urn finials with rusticated angles. Arched
architrave door surround with fluted half-Doric columns on pedestals. Paired
panelled doors with strapwork surround and femal head keystone over traceried
fanlight. Square bay to left end with smaller arched doors under baluster band.
Single storey rendered block to left end with channelled rustication , balustraded
eaves and arched pavilion finials to angles. Hipped slate roofs.
Garden Front: central curved bay rising through two stories. Date plaque -1872-
on left hand return front.
Interior: some ceiling mouldings and panelling survives.
Entrance Hall: panelled plasterwork ceiling with roundels and pendants, panelled
overmantle to fireplace with elaborate cartouche to centre flanked by pilasters.
Triple arched staircase screen to left end. Square newel stair with turned
Listing NGR: TQ1090859206
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings