Visiting for the first time since the site upgrade? Read what's new!
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.8178 / 52°49'4"N
Longitude: -1.8789 / 1°52'43"W
OS Eastings: 408259
OS Northings: 324481
OS Grid: SK082244
Mapcode National: GBR 39P.CSX
Mapcode Global: WHCG2.3FKN
Entry Name: The Chapel, School of St Mary and St Anne
Location: Abbots Bromley, East Staffordshire, Staffordshire, WS15
District: East Staffordshire
Parish: Abbots Bromley
Traditional County: Staffordshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Staffordshire
Listing Date: 8 August 1985
Source: Historic England
English Heritage Legacy ID: 273747
Source ID: 1038420
SK 0824-0924 ABBOTS BROMLEY HIGH STREET (North
17/40 The Chapel, School
- of St. Mary and St. Anne
School Chapel. 1875-81. By Richard Herbert Carpenter and Benjamin
Ingelow. Red brick with ashlar dressings, plain tile roof with
alternate crested ridge tiles and coped verges. 5-bay nave with
semi-octagonal chancel, 2-bay western block with semi-octagonal
projection to west end, Gothic style. Nave and chancel to right have
long 2-light windows placed high, with rounded trefoiled heads and
plate-traceried quatrefoil over, coped plinth sill band continued to
first floor windows of western block, and moulded eaves course. West-
ern block to left has 4-light windows with rounded trefoil heads;
Western projection has single light cusped and pointed windows and
hipped roof. Interior not inspected. B.O.E. p.51.
Listing NGR: SK0825924481
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Source links go to a search for the specified title at Amazon. Availability of the title is dependent on current publication status. You may also want to check AbeBooks, particularly for older titles.
Other nearby listed buildings