Visiting for the first time since the site upgrade? Read what's new!
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 50.7625 / 50°45'44"N
Longitude: 0.1989 / 0°11'55"E
OS Eastings: 555172
OS Northings: 98181
OS Grid: TV551981
Mapcode National: GBR MVB.32T
Mapcode Global: FRA C792.99M
Entry Name: The Parish Church of Saint Mary the Virgin
Location: East Dean and Friston, Wealden, East Sussex, BN20
County: East Sussex
Parish: East Dean and Friston
Traditional County: Sussex
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): East Sussex
Listing Date: 30 August 1966
Source: Historic England
English Heritage Legacy ID: 295124
Source ID: 1043259
TV 59 NE 28/19
The Parish Church of St Mary the Virgin
(Formerly listed as The Parish Church of St James)
Tiny building consisting of chancel, north transept, nave with small tile-hung
bell-turret at west end and south porch. The nave is Norman with some Saxon
work in the north wall, the timbered roof being C15. The chancel is 1300
circa. The south porch probably C15. The north transept was built in 1892
to contain 2 monuments of the Selwyn family of Friston Place.
Listing NGR: TV5517298182
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings