This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.8169 / 52°49'0"N
Longitude: 0.9413 / 0°56'28"E
OS Eastings: 598306
OS Northings: 328428
OS Grid: TF983284
Mapcode National: GBR S8Z.JS4
Mapcode Global: WHLRC.FGHB
Entry Name: Church of All Saints
Listing Date: 6 March 1959
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1049230
English Heritage Legacy ID: 223996
Location: Stibbard, North Norfolk, Norfolk, NR21
District: North Norfolk
Traditional County: Norfolk
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Norfolk
TF 92 NE STIBBARD
5/79 Church of All Saints.
Parish church. West tower and nave gable with early work pre-c.1100 belfry
of c.1300. C14 and C15 nave and north aisle, chancel c.1300, mid-C19 south
porch. Flint with stone dressings, slated nave and chancel roofs with
brick dentil cornices of early to mid C19. West tower inside west wall
with blocked arch and blocked window above; traces of openings on exterior
north and south, flint quoins on west. 4 Decorated 2-light belfry windows,
3 with tracery missing. West face with 3 massive C16 or C17 buttresses
with brick dressings and knapped flint with galetting, central buttress
obscures tower Decorated west window. Conical leaded roof with weather
vane. Nave south with 2 3-light Perpendicular windows, two buttresses.
South porch 1862 with stone banding, south door C14. Chancel one south
c.1300 switch tracery 3-light window, north priest's door and one 2-light
Decorated window; east window 5-light intersected tracery with cusping
and at apex fully Decorated quatrefoil in circle. 4-bay north aisle 2-
light Decorated east window with flowing mouchettes, one 3-light Perpendicular
and one 3-light straight headed Decorated window, one Decorated north door
blocked. West window 2-light Decorated. Interior 4 bay north arcade with
octagonal Decorated piers with double hollow chamfered arches. 4 2-light
Perpendicular clerestorey windows to north side only blocked on north side
by heightened pitch of aisle roof in C19. C19 King post roof with plaster
ceiling exposed principals. C15 poppyhead benches, restored. Rood beam
with braces springing from stonecorbels with below painted dado of rood
screen, both C15. Some panels incorporated in pulpit. Perpendicular chancel
arch. Piscina, sedilia simply an arched recess. C19 chancel roof. Restored
c.1862 by William Buterfield: see Paul Thompson, Butterfield, (1971), p.511.
Listing NGR: TF9830628428
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Source links go to a search for the specified title at Amazon. Availability of the title is dependent on current publication status. You may also want to check AbeBooks, particularly for older titles.
Other nearby listed buildings