History in Structure

Visiting for the first time since the site upgrade? Read what's new!

Church of All Saints

A Grade II* Listed Building in Kettlestone, Norfolk

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 52.8469 / 52°50'48"N

Longitude: 0.9206 / 0°55'14"E

OS Eastings: 596773

OS Northings: 331704

OS Grid: TF967317

Mapcode National: GBR S8K.KK4

Mapcode Global: WHLR5.3PMW

Entry Name: Church of All Saints

Location: Kettlestone, North Norfolk, Norfolk, NR21

County: Norfolk

District: North Norfolk

Parish: Kettlestone

Traditional County: Norfolk

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Norfolk

Listing Date: 6 March 1959

Grade: II*

Source: Historic England

English Heritage Legacy ID: 223863

Source ID: 1049261

Listing Text

TF 93 SE KETTLESTONE THE STREET
(north)
4/31
6/3/59 Church of All Saints.

II*

Parish Church. Flint with stone dressings, slated roofs. Octagonal west tower,
nave and north aisle, south porch chancel. Tower with 2-light Decorated west
window, cusped belfry openings, 4 "Y" tracery bell-chamber windows with pierced
quatrefoil openings above. Octagonal parapet. South porch and chancel
Perpendicular style 1869 by Frederick Preedy, architect. Nave south wall with
3 3-light Perpendicular windows, nave north clerestorey of 5 2-light square
headed Perpendicular window. North aisle with Perpendicular 2-light east and
west windows, north door and 3 straight headed 2-light Perpendicular windows.
Chancel with 2 south straight headed Perpendicular 2-light windows. 3-light
Decorated east window. Interior: Perpendicular tower arch on corbels. 5
bay Perpendicular north arcade with octagonal piers and double hollow chamfered
arches. Perpendicular chancel arch, 1869. Preedy pulpit and reading desks
with inventive open work tracery. North aisle with C15 poppyhead benches reused.
Octagonal font with heraldry. All roofs of 1869.


Listing NGR: TF9677331704

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.