This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 53.2205 / 53°13'13"N
Longitude: -0.6524 / 0°39'8"W
OS Eastings: 490075
OS Northings: 370123
OS Grid: SK900701
Mapcode National: GBR DLF.3VW
Mapcode Global: WHGJ3.Y9JX
Entry Name: Church of St Peter
Listing Date: 23 August 1967
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1061958
English Heritage Legacy ID: 192247
Location: Doddington and Whisby, North Kesteven, Lincolnshire, LN6
District: North Kesteven
Parish: Doddington and Whisby
Traditional County: Lincolnshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Lincolnshire
Church of England Parish: Doddington
Church of England Diocese: Lincoln
SK 97 SW DODDINGTON AND WHISBY MAIN STREET
2/17 (east side)
CHURCH OF ST PETER
Parish Church. C13 and late C18. Coursed rubble and render with ashlar dressings. West tower 2 bay nave with north and south aisles and chancel all rebuilt by Thomas and William Lumby, 1771-5. North aisle contains oly surviving medieval work, the 2 windows are flat topped with hood drip moulds, of 3 ogee-headed lights, these are copied directly on south aisle, as are the east and west windows of 4 lights, with flowing tracery. The original embattled parapet is continued over all the walls, topped with pinnacles. The chancel has large east window of 5 lights with extravagant flowing tracery, this may date from 1729 though it is more likely C19. The west doorway has niches either side with ogee tops in a florid Gothick style, circular quatrofoil window above. Bell chamber has simple openings with Y-travery on each face. Interior has 2 bay arcades with octagonal piers and ouble chamfered arches. Early English rub-shaped font.
Listing NGR: SK9007870121
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings