History in Structure

Visiting for the first time since the site upgrade? Read what's new!

Church of St Andrew

A Grade II Listed Building in East Barkwith, Lincolnshire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 53.2944 / 53°17'40"N

Longitude: -0.2378 / 0°14'16"W

OS Eastings: 517551

OS Northings: 378946

OS Grid: TF175789

Mapcode National: GBR VZSB.9R

Mapcode Global: WHHK2.BG08

Entry Name: Church of St Andrew

Location: East Barkwith, East Lindsey, Lincolnshire, LN8

County: Lincolnshire

District: East Lindsey

Parish: East Barkwith

Traditional County: Lincolnshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Lincolnshire

Listing Date: 6 February 1986

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

English Heritage Legacy ID: 195408

Source ID: 1063106

Listing Text

PANTON PANTON LANE
TF 17 NE
(north side)
5/33 Church of
St. Andrew
II
Parish church, now hay barn. c.1770, restored 1905, c.1925-30,
by Christopher Turnor, c.1980. Greenstone and ironstone rubble
blocks, some limestone, some red brick. Plain tile and pantile
roofs with early C20 brick tumble gables, brick coped gables and
decorated brick eaves. C20 brick gabled bellcote with round
headed bell opening. Bellcote, nave and chancel. West end with
doorway with broad wooden lintel and panelled double doors, both
of c.1980. North side of nave with 2 C18 round headed windows
with plain archivolts and small raised keystones. C20 cross
mullions. North side of chancel, plain. East end of chancel
with single C18 round headed window with plain archivolt, raised
keystone and C20 cross mullions. South side of chancel, plain.
South side of nave with 2 C18 round headed windows with plain
archivolts, raised keystones and C20 cross mullions. Interior
roofs with painted decoration. Chancel arch of 1905. 'Arts and
Crafts' fittings of c.1925-30 removed from church. Several C18
gravestones in chancel including one to Elizabeth Grace, died
1721, with round headed panel and crude skull and cross bones.


Listing NGR: TF1755178946

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.