Visiting for the first time since the site upgrade? Read what's new!
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 53.196 / 53°11'45"N
Longitude: 0.1997 / 0°11'59"E
OS Eastings: 547047
OS Northings: 368808
OS Grid: TF470688
Mapcode National: GBR LWQ.PB5
Mapcode Global: WHJLT.1XDQ
Entry Name: Church of St Martin
Location: Welton Le Marsh, East Lindsey, Lincolnshire, PE23
District: East Lindsey
Parish: Welton Le Marsh
Traditional County: Lincolnshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Lincolnshire
Listing Date: 3 February 1967
Source: Historic England
English Heritage Legacy ID: 196055
Source ID: 1063626
TF 46 NE WELTON LE MARSH CHURCH LANE
5/54 Church of St.
Parish church. Medieval base, rebuilt late C18, altered 1891.
Coursed squared chalk to base of walls, red brick in English
bond, ashlar dressings, concrete tiled roof. Western tower,
nave, chancel, vestry. 3 stage tower, top stages offset, with
offset plain parapet and corner lead pinnacles. Semi-circular
headed louvred belfry lights. West doorway has semi-circular
head with ashlar keystone, pair of planked and slatted outer
doors. 6 panelled inner doors with semi-circular headed panels
above in similar arch. In the middle stage a semi-circular
headed glazing bar fixed light. Side walls of the nave have
brick corbelled eaves and 2 two light C19 windows with cinquefoil
headed tracery. Vestry has 2 leaded lights with pointed heads.
The C19 east window is of 3 lights with Gothic tracery. Above is
a circular light to the gable. Interior. C15 octagonal
crenellated font and late C18 font.
Listing NGR: TF4704768808
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings