Visiting for the first time since the site upgrade? Read what's new!
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.4241 / 51°25'26"N
Longitude: 0.1051 / 0°6'18"E
OS Eastings: 546454
OS Northings: 171558
OS Grid: TQ464715
Mapcode National: GBR QC.14K
Mapcode Global: VHHNY.RGXM
Entry Name: Parish Church of St John the Evangelist
Location: Bexley, London, DA14
Traditional County: Kent
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Greater London
Listing Date: 17 December 1980
Source: Historic England
English Heritage Legacy ID: 198661
Source ID: 1064222
Parish Church of
St John the Evangelist
TQ 4671 16/4
1882-1901 by G E Fellowes Prynne, architect. Replaced church of 1841. Aisled
nave of 6 bays, aisled 4-bay chancel, 2-bay chapels north and south, south-west
tower, north-west baptistery, vestries and organ chamber to north of chancel.
Tower unfinished above bell stage. Yellow brick, enriched with bands and surrounds
of red brick, bands of stone. Red tile roof. Lancets. Two-storey interior
with quatrefoil balustrade below clerestory. Wooden pointed tunnel vault,
supported by coved hammer-beams. Triple arcaded screen across chancel arch
with pierced crenellated parapet. Chancel with pointed wagon roof. Flemish
pulpit inscribed "Antwerp 1651".
Listing NGR: TQ4645471558
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings