Visiting for the first time since the site upgrade? Read what's new!
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.2583 / 52°15'29"N
Longitude: -1.1589 / 1°9'32"W
OS Eastings: 457506
OS Northings: 262571
OS Grid: SP575625
Mapcode National: GBR 8S2.FT7
Mapcode Global: VHCVC.VHPM
Entry Name: Church of the Holy Cross
Location: Daventry, Daventry, Northamptonshire, NN11
Traditional County: Northamptonshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Northamptonshire
Listing Date: 4 December 1953
Last Amended: 19 September 1977
Source: Historic England
English Heritage Legacy ID: 359925
Source ID: 1067696
909/1/48 CHURCH WALK
04-DEC-53 (East side)
CHURCH OF THE HOLY CROSS
(Formerly listed as:
CHURCH OF THE HOLY CROSS)
1752-8 by David Hiorne. Good classical design with pedimented west end. West
tower and spire in form of obelisk. Rusticated ground floor. Ashlar. Nave with
galleried aisles, has 7 round arched windows. Modillioned cornice, balustraded
parapet. Interior of nave has Doric columns on pedestals, entablatures carrying
arches and ribbed vault. Venetian east window. Heraldic glass in 2 upper west
windows. Monuments: C18 and C19 grey and white marble wall monuments in chancel, finely carved gallery monument of 1707, 1800 gallery monument by Cox, and 1741 by B Palmer. Pedimented west porch, with Doric order, rebuilt 1951.
Listing NGR: SP5750662571
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings