Visiting for the first time since the site upgrade? Read what's new!
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 54.1028 / 54°6'9"N
Longitude: -2.7917 / 2°47'30"W
OS Eastings: 348329
OS Northings: 467720
OS Grid: SD483677
Mapcode National: GBR 8PY0.D0
Mapcode Global: WH841.24WL
Entry Name: Church of St Michael holy Trinity
Location: Bolton-le-Sands, Lancaster, Lancashire, LA5
Traditional County: Lancashire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Lancashire
Listing Date: 2 May 1968
Source: Historic England
English Heritage Legacy ID: 181777
Source ID: 1071944
SD 48 67 BOLTON-LE-SANDS MAIN ROAD (WEST SIDE)
13/13 Church of St. Michael (or
2.5.1968 Holy Trinity)
Church, with late C15th tower and nave arcade, nave of 1813 and chancel
of 1846. Rubble with south nave wall pebbledashed, sandstone ashlar
tower and slate roof. Comprises a nave, north aisle widened in 1880,
lower chancel, timbered south porch of 1880, and west tower. Tower of
3 stages with diagonal buttresses and battlemented parapet. Bell
openings of 3 pointed lights under a 4-centred head with hood mould.
Over the west door is a similar window. The west doorway, of 2 hollow-
chamfered orders, has a 2-centred head and hood. The south nave wall has
windows dating from the 1880 restoration with perpendicular tracery of
various descriptions. Interior has 5-bay arcade to nave and chancel
with octagonal piers and arches of 2 chamfered orders. Nave has a hammer-
beam roof with king posts, the chancel having scissor-braced rafters and
collars. Between the chancel and its aisle is a sandstone memorial to
Robert Cole (died 1642) with coat of arms and inscription 'It is supposed
that he lived above 100 years'.
Listing NGR: SD4832967720
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings