This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.47 / 52°28'11"N
Longitude: -1.9196 / 1°55'10"W
OS Eastings: 405555
OS Northings: 285785
OS Grid: SP055857
Mapcode National: GBR 5WD.1G
Mapcode Global: VH9Z2.P50V
Entry Name: 21 and 22, Calthorpe Road B15
Listing Date: 8 July 1982
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1075694
English Heritage Legacy ID: 216834
Location: Birmingham, B15
Metropolitan District Ward: Edgbaston
Traditional County: Warwickshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): West Midlands
Church of England Parish: Edgbaston St George with St Michael
Church of England Diocese: Birmingham
Nos 21 and 22
SP 0585 NE 40/3
Built as a semi-detached pair of early Calthorpe Estate villas circa 1820-30.
No 22 altered circa 1880. Two storeys, red brick. Shallow moulded eaves
band, low pitch hipped slate roof, brick chimney stacks. No 21 retains
unaltered 3 bay front with 4 x 4 pane sash windows to flanking bays and 3 x 4
pane sash above drawing; stucco sills, frieze with rosettes and shallow consoles
to cornices. Door of 6 fielded panels in panelled reveals with radial swagged
fanlight in case of late C18 type: panelled pilasters, panelled sections
of entablature and sharply profiled, modillioned open pediment. Link wall
to left hand round arched side entrance. No 22 has addition of circa 1880
canted brick bays with stucco cornices. Original blind round headed window
over original doorcase of slender Tuscan columns, entablature and pediment
blocking course, now a window. Entrance to side.
Listing NGR: SP0555585785
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings