History in Structure

Visiting for the first time since the site upgrade? Read what's new!

The Glass House

A Grade II Listed Building in Town, London

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 51.4742 / 51°28'26"N

Longitude: -0.2044 / 0°12'15"W

OS Eastings: 524800

OS Northings: 176550

OS Grid: TQ248765

Mapcode National: GBR CB.TBQ

Mapcode Global: VHGR4.D6SR

Entry Name: The Glass House

Location: Hammersmith and Fulham, London, SW6

County: London

District: Hammersmith and Fulham

Locality: Town

Traditional County: Middlesex

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Greater London

Listing Date: 27 October 1986

Last Amended: 2 December 1987

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

English Heritage Legacy ID: 201929

Source ID: 1079753

Listing Text

In the entry for: LETTICE STREET

TQ 2576 Nos 9, 10, 11 and 12
(The Glass house)
10/57


The address shall be amended to read LETTICE STREET

Nos 9, 10, 11 and 12
(The Glass house)

and the description shall be amended to read:

Stained glass studio. 1906. Stock brick, red dressings, plain tiled pitched
roofs to eaves. 2 storeys. Studio of 4 main bays, each gabled. Central pilastered
and corniced Doric porch. Segemental headed windows, comprising tall studio windows
to upper floor and smaller paired windows to lower ground floor. Metal glazing
bars. Founded by Mary Lowndes and Alfred Drury; provided independant stained glass
artists with facilities for the execution of their work, including Christopher Whall,
Henry Holiday, Robert Anning Bell, Karl Parsons and many others.


The list was previously amended in respect of this entry on 27 October 1986


------------------------------------

In the entry for: LETTICE STREET

TQ 2576 Nos 9, 10 and 11
(The Glass House)
10/57

The address shall be amended to read: LETTICE STREET

Nos 9, 10, 11 and 12
(The Glass House)


The list was previously amended in respect of the above entry on 27 October 1986.

------------------------------------

TQ 2576 LETTICE STREET

10/57 Nos 9, 10 and 11
(The Glass House)

II

Stained glass studio and attached house.1906. Stock brick, red brick dressings, plain
tiled pitched roofs to eaves. 2 storeys. Studio of 4 main bays,each gabled. Central
pilastered and corniced Doric porch. Segmental headed windows, comprising tall
studio windows to upper floor and smaller paired windows to lower ground floor. Metal
glazing bars. Attached house of three main bays with gabled porch and two storey
square gabled bay windows to left and right with 4-light stone mullioned windows.
Founded by Mary Lowndes and Alfred Drury; provided independent stained glass artists
with facilities for the execution of their work, including Christopher Whall,
Henry Holiday, Robert Anning Bell, Karl Parsons and many others.


Listing NGR: TQ2480076550

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.