This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.4051 / 51°24'18"N
Longitude: -0.3423 / 0°20'32"W
OS Eastings: 515397
OS Northings: 168645
OS Grid: TQ153686
Mapcode National: GBR 6G.8C6
Mapcode Global: VHGR8.0YW7
Entry Name: The Old Court House
Listing Date: 25 June 1983
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1080796
English Heritage Legacy ID: 205356
Location: Richmond upon Thames, London, KT8
District: Richmond upon Thames
Traditional County: Middlesex
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Greater London
Church of England Parish: St Mary Hampton
Church of England Diocese: London
TQ 1568 32/19
HAMPTON COURT GREEN (south side)
The Old Court House
Early C18, altered late C18 and later. Three storeys. Brown brick with red dressings.
Irregular front with most of the original covered by later additions which include a
full-height canted bay in yellow brick to the left and a 3-window rectangular projection
to the right of which only one bay belongs to The Old Court House (see Paper House
below). Between these bays are remains of original front. The house was leased to
Christopher Wren in 1708 and lived in by him until his death in 1723. Includes old
fountain basin in rear garden. (R.C.H.M. Middx. Vol.)
Listing NGR: TQ1539768645
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings