Visiting for the first time since the site upgrade? Read what's new!
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.0818 / 52°4'54"N
Longitude: -2.4124 / 2°24'44"W
OS Eastings: 371836
OS Northings: 242680
OS Grid: SO718426
Mapcode National: GBR FZ.C46L
Mapcode Global: VH933.4YJ0
Entry Name: Church of All Saints
Location: Coddington, County of Herefordshire, HR8
County: County of Herefordshire
Traditional County: Herefordshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Herefordshire
Listing Date: 6 March 1967
Source: Historic England
English Heritage Legacy ID: 151401
Source ID: 1082177
MALVERN HILLS 5245
SO 74 SW CODDINGTON CP -
3/1 Church of All Saints
Church. C12 - C13 with restoration and enlargements by F R Kempson 1865-6.
Red, grey and green freestone; tiled roofs. Nave of 3 bays with long C12
chancel; south porch, vestry, organ chamber, western tower, broach spire by
Kempson. Nave and chancel have C13 lancets, the two tallest in the east
wall. 2 blocked Norman semi-circular headed doors to north wall of nave,
one opposite extant Norman doorhead from south porch and one opposite third
blocked Norman door in south wall. Priests' door to south wall of chancel.
Interior: nave roof is medieval or Jacobean with central longitudinal purlin,
arch braces supporting collars and curved struts to rafters producing wagon
roof effect. East window on south side of nave consists of trefoiled lancets
with fragments of C14 stained glass in the heads. Font: bowl and plinth C19;
stem consisting of block with attached shafts probably C13. Chancel arch on
corbels with coarse flat stiff-leave foliage. Reredos with foliated neo-
late-Norman interlacing round - headed arches supported by freestanding marble
columns. Oak altar rails with turned balusters: probably Victorian. Trefoil
headed piscina in south wall. 2 lancets in east wall to Kathleen Bulkeley,
died 1907, the left representing the Angel's Message designed by Burne-Jones;
the right, the Agony in the Garden designed by Morris and Co who executed
both. Kempson's restoration cost £1832 and was defrayed by Mrs Hope. (RCHM.
Information in church).
Listing NGR: SO7183642680
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings