Visiting for the first time since the site upgrade? Read what's new!
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.0369 / 52°2'12"N
Longitude: -2.4231 / 2°25'23"W
OS Eastings: 371072
OS Northings: 237691
OS Grid: SO710376
Mapcode National: GBR FZ.FTSW
Mapcode Global: VH860.Y2CC
Entry Name: St Katherine's Hospital and Almshouses
Location: Ledbury, County of Herefordshire, HR8
County: County of Herefordshire
Traditional County: Herefordshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Herefordshire
Listing Date: 18 September 1953
Last Amended: 5 November 1976
Source: Historic England
English Heritage Legacy ID: 151871
Source ID: 1082886
5245 HIGH STREET
St Katherine's Hospital
(formerly listed as
St Katherine's Hospital)
SO 7137 NE 2/44 18.9.53.
Founded in 1232 by Bishop Foliot, but no part of original building remains. Now
has a central low stone tower above 4-centred arch gateway with wings on either
side. South wing was rebuilt in 1822 after designs of Sir Robert Smirke, 3 stone
gables with dripmoulds to windows. North wing was rebuilt in 1866 also with 3
gables and imitation timber framing and 3-light stone mullion windows. All leaded-pane
casements. Slate and tiled roofs. At rear is a continuous verandah on 1st floor
in timber, forming covered walk below.
Listing NGR: SO7107737646
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings