Visiting for the first time since the site upgrade? Read what's new!
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.5089 / 52°30'32"N
Longitude: -1.6928 / 1°41'34"W
OS Eastings: 420945
OS Northings: 290159
OS Grid: SP209901
Mapcode National: GBR 4GY.QTT
Mapcode Global: VHBWG.L6YH
Entry Name: Blyth Hall
Location: Shustoke, North Warwickshire, Warwickshire, B46
District: North Warwickshire
Traditional County: Warwickshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Warwickshire
Listing Date: 11 November 1952
Last Amended: 23 March 1988
Source: Historic England
English Heritage Legacy ID: 309085
Source ID: 1087100
SHUSTOKE COLESHILL ROAD
SP2090 (North side)
11/180 Blyth Hall
11/11/52 (Formerly listed under
Blyth Hall with stables and
Country house. 1530 origin; c.1629; late C17 and early C18. Red brick, Flemish
bond. Plain-tiled roof, hipped to cross-wings with moulded wood eaves cornice.
Internal and side stacks have pilastered shafts. Main range with slightly
projecting wings forming H-plan with additions and earlier ranges at the rear. 2
storeys and attic. 5 pedimented dormers, the centre one being segmental. 11-bay
principal facade of late C17/early C18. C19, 15-pane recessed hung sashes under
flat rubbed brick arches, colourwashed. Band between storeys. Segmental pediment
to central doorway in bolection moulded surround with pulvinated frieze.
6-panelled door with 2 small glazed panels. Original rainwater heads and
downpipes, one dated 1735. Interior: Open-well staircase, C18 with alternating
balusters of column and iron twist on vases. Another staircase is late C17 and
has turned balusters with square newels and toads-back rail. A ground floor room
has an early C17 bolection moulded and embattled fireplace surround. At first
floor 2 rooms are lined with bolection moulded panelling in 2 heights. The home
of Sir William Dugdale, the antiquary, from 1629 to his death in 1686.
(Buildings of England: Warwickshire, p398; VCH: Warwickshire, Vol IV)
Listing NGR: SP2094590159
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Source links go to a search for the specified title at Amazon. Availability of the title is dependent on current publication status. You may also want to check AbeBooks, particularly for older titles.
Other nearby listed buildings