History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

The Old Manor House

A Grade II Listed Building in Baunton, Gloucestershire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 51.7385 / 51°44'18"N

Longitude: -1.9669 / 1°58'0"W

OS Eastings: 402379

OS Northings: 204419

OS Grid: SP023044

Mapcode National: GBR 3QK.TTK

Mapcode Global: VHB2J.VKJM

Entry Name: The Old Manor House

Listing Date: 4 June 1952

Last Amended: 12 February 1988

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1090241

English Heritage Legacy ID: 131053

Location: Baunton, Cotswold, Gloucestershire, GL7

County: Gloucestershire

District: Cotswold

Parish: Baunton

Traditional County: Gloucestershire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Gloucestershire

Church of England Parish: Baunton St Mary Magdalene

Church of England Diocese: Gloucester

Listing Text

BAUNTON BAUNTON VILLAGE
SP 00 SW
9/29 The Old Manor House
(formerly listed as Manor Farmhouse)
4.6.52
GV II

Former farmhouse adjoining Stable Cottage (q.v.). Mid C17, C18,
altered late C18-early C19. Limestone with dressed stone quoins;
C18 extension limestone rubble. Rectangular plan. Artificial
stone slate at front, some stone slate at rear; ashlar and brick
stacks. Long rectangular plan with gable end to road and two
shallow projecting gables at rear, single-bay C18 extension at
right angles off-centre left at front. Main body; 2 storeys and
attic with single-storey C18 extension. Three-windowed facade lit
by 3-light wooden casements with transoms; large C19 nine-pane
fixed casements each with a single central casement; tripartite
sash with horizontal glazing bars lower right. Single 3-light
metal casement (possibly inserted C20) over the porch. Three 2-
light raking half dormers. Early C19 door with 6 flush panels,
within a round-headed surround with a fanlight within a gabled
ashlar porch. C18 extension; C20 glazed double doors to the gable
end; two 2-light casements to the right-hand return. Right gable
end of main body (facing road): two 2-light double-chamfered
stone-mullioned casements with hollow-chamfered mullions and a
shared hoodmould which is continued across the projecting first
floor stack. Stone scratch sundial (possibly dated 1710) on the
projecting stack. Two single-light stone-mullioned casements to
the attic. Fenestration at rear; 2-light wooden casements, single
12-pane sash. Two single-light windows to the projecting gable
(both with hollow-moulded surrounds) presumably lighting a
staircase. Roof: projecting first floor stack with moulded
corbels at the right gable end and to both projecting gables at the
rear, one now with shafts removed the other two having twin
diagonal shafts. Interior not inspected.


Listing NGR: SP0237904419

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.