This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.7934 / 51°47'36"N
Longitude: 1.169 / 1°10'8"E
OS Eastings: 618632
OS Northings: 215282
OS Grid: TM186152
Mapcode National: GBR VSB.GCP
Mapcode Global: VHLD5.65WZ
Entry Name: The Moot Hall
Listing Date: 14 March 1983
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1111552
English Heritage Legacy ID: 119868
Location: Tendring, Essex, CO15
District Council Ward: St Pauls
Traditional County: Essex
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Essex
Church of England Parish: Clacton St Paul
Church of England Diocese: Chelmsford
CLACTON-ON-SEA MARINE PARADE EAST
TM 11 NE
7/8 No. 101 The Moot Hall
House. Late C15 and originally called Mannings Farmhouse, Hawstead, Bury St.
Edmunds. Moved in its entirety and re-erected on its present site c.1911 under
the direction of Messrs. Gill and Reigate of Oxford Street, London, architects,
with the addition of the chimney stacks and some windows. Timber framed,
vari-patterned red brick nogging infill. Red plain tiled roofs. Left and right
external red brick chimney stacks each with 3 attached diagonal shafts, bands
and capping, the rear stack with 2 similar shafts. T-plan, the rear wing with
plaster infill. 2 storeys and attics. Jettied first floor and central feature
gable with carved bressumers and carved bargeboards to gable. Close set heavy
studding with diagonal halved braces and jowled storey posts. 6 light mullion
window to gable. First floor central 5 light cross transom oriel with moulded
head and soffit, right and left 4 light mullion windows. Ground floor, carved
brackets to jetty. Left 6 light and right 4 light mullion and transom windows.
Returns with smaller similar vari-light mullion windows. All windows square
leaded, moulded mullions and transoms. Gabled porch and panelled door to rear
right. Essex County Chronicle 30 June 1911.
Listing NGR: TM1863215282
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Source links go to a search for the specified title at Amazon. Availability of the title is dependent on current publication status. You may also want to check AbeBooks, particularly for older titles.
Other nearby listed buildings