This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.9049 / 51°54'17"N
Longitude: -0.5211 / 0°31'16"W
OS Eastings: 501836
OS Northings: 223958
OS Grid: TL018239
Mapcode National: GBR G4T.F30
Mapcode Global: VHFRC.XDC2
Entry Name: Church of All Saints
Listing Date: 3 February 1967
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1114707
English Heritage Legacy ID: 36017
Location: Houghton Regis, Central Bedfordshire, LU5
County: Central Bedfordshire
Parish: Houghton Regis
Traditional County: Bedfordshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Bedfordshire
Church of England Parish: Houghton Regis
Church of England Diocese: St.Albans
5125 HOUGHTON REGIS HIGH STREET
Church of All Saints
TL 0123 NE 37/197 3.2.67
Chequerwork flint and Totternhoe stone. Battlemented. Some C14 work in chancel.
C14 arcades have octagonal shafts with moulded bases and capitals. Remainder Perpendicular
though most of the windows are C19. Tower of Totternhoe stone. C15 nave roof
with angels bearing shields on intermediate rafters. South aisle monument of late
C14 knight with his feet against a lion - said to be of Sir John Sewell. In the
chancel floor, C15 brass to John Waleys, priest; and brass to Sir William Walley,
priest (deceased 1506).
Listing NGR: TL0183623958
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings