This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.8937 / 51°53'37"N
Longitude: -0.7182 / 0°43'5"W
OS Eastings: 488303
OS Northings: 222460
OS Grid: SP883224
Mapcode National: GBR D22.C6T
Mapcode Global: VHDTT.HNPN
Entry Name: 12-18, Aylesbury Road
Listing Date: 26 September 1951
Last Amended: 6 July 1984
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1115986
English Heritage Legacy ID: 350839
Location: Wing, Aylesbury Vale, Buckinghamshire, LU7
District: Aylesbury Vale
Civil Parish: Wing
Traditional County: Buckinghamshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Buckinghamshire
Church of England Parish: Wing with Grove
Church of England Diocese: Oxford
SP 82 SE WING AYLESBURY ROAD
6/93 Nos. 12-18 (even) (formerly listed
as Dormer's Hospital)
Four almshouses founded in 1569 by Dame Dorothy Pelham,
wife of Sir William Dormer, as recorded by former inscription tablet. Altered
C19, refurbished 1982. Coursed rubble stone, chamfered brick surrounds
to openings. Old tile roof, brick coped gables with shaped stone
kneelers, rebuilt flanking and central brick chimneys each with 2
square shafts linked at the top. Rendered dormers with similar
coped gables and kneelers. One storey and attic, 4 bays. C20 leaded
casements with depressed heads, 3-light to ground floor with rendered
panels above, 2-light in attic dormers. Pairs of board doors between
bays 1 and 2 and between bays 3 and 4, each door with 4-centred
chamfered brick arch. 1982 inscription tablet to centre in moulded
stone frame. Small lean-to extensions to rear.
RCHM II p. 336 Mon. 6.
Listing NGR: SP8830322460
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings