This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.7847 / 51°47'4"N
Longitude: -0.7557 / 0°45'20"W
OS Eastings: 485930
OS Northings: 210288
OS Grid: SP859102
Mapcode National: GBR D3D.1RD
Mapcode Global: VHDVC.VDCQ
Entry Name: Church of St Mary
Listing Date: 21 December 1967
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1118358
English Heritage Legacy ID: 42894
Location: Weston Turville, Aylesbury Vale, Buckinghamshire, HP22
District: Aylesbury Vale
Civil Parish: Weston Turville
Traditional County: Buckinghamshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Buckinghamshire
Church of England Parish: Weston Turville
Church of England Diocese: Oxford
SP 81 SE WESTON TURVILLE CHURCH WALK
5/319 Church of St. Mary
Parish Church. Mainly C13 and C14 with C15 tower and roofs.
Restored 1860 by D. Brandon. Embattled W. tower with octagonal
stair turret, aisled nave with clerestory, N. porch, chancel with
N. vestry. Rubble flint with some church and limestone dressings.
Timber framed porch with brick infill. Rendered E. wall.Tiled
roofs, lead to aisles. C14 tracery to aisle and chancel windows,
E. window C19. 3 bay nave, S. arcade E. bays C13, W. bay and N.
arcade C14. Chancel arch and piscina C13. C15 clerestory and
nave roof with tiebeams on arched braces with traceried spandrels.
Font: Norman, of the Aylesbury group, chalice shaped with carved base
and fluted bowl, leaf scroll carving round top. C17 pulpit, C14
remains of screen in S. aisle, remains of Norman Sculphne in S.
wall of chancel. Fragment of C15 stained glass in E. window. Oak
panel, formerly fixed in a post, inscribed 1578, fixed to S. aisle wall.
RCHM I p. 313 MON.1.
Listing NGR: SP8592610286
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings