This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.5393 / 51°32'21"N
Longitude: -0.6843 / 0°41'3"W
OS Eastings: 491347
OS Northings: 183086
OS Grid: SU913830
Mapcode National: GBR F7Q.FTJ
Mapcode Global: VHFT1.3K3T
Entry Name: Hitchambury
Listing Date: 26 April 1985
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1125058
English Heritage Legacy ID: 44299
Location: Taplow, South Bucks, Buckinghamshire, SL6
District: South Bucks
Civil Parish: Taplow
Traditional County: Buckinghamshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Buckinghamshire
Church of England Parish: Hitcham
Church of England Diocese: Oxford
SU 98 SW TAPLOW HUNT'S LANE
Old Rectory for Hitcham Parish. The Cl7 portion is to be seen at the back of
the right hand return. It is one bay deep and was originally 2-storeyed only.
But it and the enlarged house now all of 2 storeys plus attic. Externally,
the house is now mostly of the C19 and early C20. Of the former period, some
diapered brick walling on the garden front where there is a stone panel with
the arms of King's College, Cambridge, the motto 'Eso perpetua' and the date
1866. Of the later period, the entrance front, E-shaped in plan and with some
tile-hanging. All windows casements with leaded lights.
Listing NGR: SU9134783086
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings