History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Longueville Court

A Grade II Listed Building in Wolverton and Greenleys, Milton Keynes

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 52.0638 / 52°3'49"N

Longitude: -0.8294 / 0°49'45"W

OS Eastings: 480347

OS Northings: 241248

OS Grid: SP803412

Mapcode National: GBR CZT.F5G

Mapcode Global: VHDSZ.KDX7

Entry Name: Longueville Court

Location: Wolverton and Greenleys, Milton Keynes, MK12

County: Milton Keynes

Parish: Wolverton and Greenleys

Traditional County: Buckinghamshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Buckinghamshire

Listing Date: 12 June 1953

Last Amended: 28 October 1976

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

English Heritage Legacy ID: 45629

Source ID: 1125322

Listing Text


1.
5135 OLD WOLVERTON ROAD
Old Wolverton
Longueville Court
(formerly listed as
The Rectory)
SP 8041 2/10 12.6.53.

II

2.
Circa 1729. 2 storey limestone house, ashlar with hipped slate roofs of 2 slopes
with stone based chimneys at gable ends. 5 windows, glazing bar sashes, with wide
moulded cases flush with the face, stone lintel with keystone, plinth and band
at 1st floor level. Central entrance has early C17 stone doorcase salvaged from
Wolverton Manor, demolished 1725. Semi-circular headed doorway flanked by 2 reeded
Corinthian columns supporting large broken pediment with the arms of the Longuevilles
in tympanum and with strapwork on soffit of lintel. In the centre above the platband
and on both sides of the pediment is a section of Doric order frieze. A late canted
bay window of 3 lights to right of the doorway. Lower 2 storey wing to south in
rubble. 3 light sashes to right with glazing bars and keystones, single light
sash with glazing bars and keystone to left. Brick porch and steps to entrance
at rear in courtyard containing a pump. Interior said to contain a C17 pedimented
doorway from the old Manor, which has the Longueville crest in the pediment and
grotesques in the spandrels. Also a section of C12 dogtooth from the original
Church (qv) (R.C.H.M.).


Listing NGR: SP8034741248

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.