This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.7125 / 51°42'44"N
Longitude: -0.8773 / 0°52'38"W
OS Eastings: 477664
OS Northings: 202122
OS Grid: SP776021
Mapcode National: GBR C2P.M14
Mapcode Global: VHDVP.R721
Entry Name: Manor Farmhouse
Listing Date: 21 June 1955
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1125800
English Heritage Legacy ID: 46493
Location: Bledlow-cum-Saunderton, Wycombe, Buckinghamshire, HP27
Traditional County: Buckinghamshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Buckinghamshire
Church of England Parish: Bledlow with Saunderton and Horsenden
Church of England Diocese: Oxford
BLEDLOW-CUM-SAUNDERTON CHURCH END
SP 70 SE
1/13 Manor Farmhouse
House. Early C16, altered c.1600, externally rebuilt mid C18,
with large rear wing added late C18. Brick, old tile roof, brick
chimney to right. 2 storeys, 3 bays. Ground floor outer bays have
c.1980 tripartite sashes in rebuilt surrounds; 3-light wooden
casements above. 3-light barred wooden casement to centre of first
floor. Off-centre half-glazed C20 door set behind brick arch.
Parallel wing to rear is also of brick with gauged first floor
band course and window heads, hipped old tile roof and square brick
chimney. 2 storeys, 3 bays, now with 2 sash windows to first floor and
3 paired barred wooden casements below. Interior: front range has some
remains of original timber framing, the 2 left bays originally an
open hall. This has central tie beam with chamfered projection to
centre of soffit, once the centre part of an arch-braced truss. Chamfered
curved wind-braces in roof. Central fireplace and floor inserted c.1600,
the left bay having a large stop-chamfered spine beam with double moulded
stops. Right end of hall was formerly a cross passage with 2 surviving
4-centred chamfered wooden arches to service bay. Another similar arch
at left end of original hall.
RCHM I p. 55 Mon.5.
Listing NGR: SP7766402122
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings