This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 50.1614 / 50°9'41"N
Longitude: -5.6643 / 5°39'51"W
OS Eastings: 138390
OS Northings: 35473
OS Grid: SW383354
Mapcode National: GBR DXD8.27Y
Mapcode Global: VH057.R6WK
Entry Name: Pendeen Manor House Adjoining Wall to South East of Pendeen Manor House
Listing Date: 26 April 1950
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1143260
English Heritage Legacy ID: 69210
Location: St. Just, Cornwall, TR19
Parish: St. Just
Locality: St Just
Traditional County: Cornwall
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Cornwall
Church of England Parish: Pendeen
Church of England Diocese: Truro
26.4.50. Pendeen Manor House.
Adjoining wall to south-east
of Pendeen Manor House.
SW 33 SE 3/25
C16, with alterations in 1670. A notable house built of wrought granite. 2 storeys.
The front of 1670, originally more or less symmetrical with 6 windows, those on
the left mullioned. Right hand portion of the later date and windows of different
character. Ground floor windows with dripmoulds to windows carried into side
of 4 centred doorway also with dripmould and carved spandrel. Right hand windows
of later character without dripmoulds. Angular arched buttress in centre of elevation
with ball ornament and dated ornamental pedimented parapet feature over. Very
uncommon crenellated chimney stacks to ends and centre of elevation. The gable
ends are finished with scrolled corbels. The other elevations all have features
of fine quality including gable ends, doorways and stone mullioned windows. Picturesque
court at rear.
The interior contains interesting plasterwork and fireplaces. The house is of
exceptional interest as an example of Cornish architecture. It is also the supposed
birthplace of Dr Borlase, the eminent Cornish antiquary in 1695.
Including garden wall to south-east, granite rubble, at various heights from 4
ft to 15 ft approximately, parts with granite coping.
Listing NGR: SW3839035473
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings