History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Church of St.margaret

A Grade II Listed Building in Thimbleby, Lincolnshire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 53.2128 / 53°12'46"N

Longitude: -0.1438 / 0°8'37"W

OS Eastings: 524049

OS Northings: 370028

OS Grid: TF240700

Mapcode National: GBR HR3.LG8

Mapcode Global: WHHKH.RHPT

Entry Name: Church of St.margaret

Listing Date: 14 September 1966

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1147090

English Heritage Legacy ID: 195233

Location: Thimbleby, East Lindsey, Lincolnshire, LN9

County: Lincolnshire

District: East Lindsey

Parish: Thimbleby

Traditional County: Lincolnshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Lincolnshire

Church of England Parish: Horncastle Group

Church of England Diocese: Lincoln

Listing Text

THIMBLEBY CHURCH LANE
TF 27 SW
4/48 Church of
14-9-66 St. Margaret
G.V. II
Parish church. 1879 by James Fowler of Louth. Squared
greenstone rubble with ashlar dressings. Plain tiled roofs with
stone coped gables having cross fleurys and decorative ridges.
Western tower, nave, vestry and chancel. The church is designed
in the Decorated style. The 2 stage tower is surmounted by an
octagonal belfry and short spire. Pointed west door has a
moulded surround and above a 2 light window. The belfry has 8
louvred trefoil headed lights with a pointed stone roof. The
north nave wall has 3 two light windows. Chancel north wall has
a single light. The east window is of 3 lights with paired
trefoils over. The vestry east wall has a single chamfered
doorway with flat hood mould. The south wall has a 2 light
window with chamfered mullion and rectangular surround. The nave
south wall matches the north wall. All windows have cusped ogee
heads to the lights and quatrefoils, trefoils or paired
mouchettes over. The moulded hoods terminate in plain square
labels.


Listing NGR: TF2404970028

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.