This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 54.0017 / 54°0'6"N
Longitude: -1.5329 / 1°31'58"W
OS Eastings: 430716
OS Northings: 456290
OS Grid: SE307562
Mapcode National: GBR KQQ5.Y7
Mapcode Global: WHC8F.FP92
Entry Name: Grove House
Listing Date: 4 February 1975
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1149433
English Heritage Legacy ID: 329953
Location: Harrogate, North Yorkshire, HG1
County: North Yorkshire
Traditional County: Yorkshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): North Yorkshire
Church of England Parish: Bilton St Luke and St John
Church of England Diocese: Leeds
5338 SKIPTON ROAD
SE 3056 7/169
Circa 1745-54 built as World's End Inn, wings added circa 1897-1902. 3 storeys,
5 window centre with dormers and 2 storeys, 5 window wing additions. Hipped
slated roofs with battlemented parapets. Coursed, squared grit stone rubble
with long and short dressings to quoins of centre block. Cornices. Continuous
plain 1st floor band. Recessed sash windows with bays and glazing bars; outer
bays of west wing with splayed bay windows. Stone porte cochere of circa 1896
with arched entrances, and battlemented parapet with heraldic lions on corners;
doorway with block dressings and bays. 4 storey tower attached to east wing
with battlemented parapet with machicolations.
Interesting interior with former picture gallery in east wing and billiard room
extension at rear; hearth in west wing with elaborate stone open fireplace with
mantlepiece carried by caryatids, balustraded staircase and gallery, sand stained
glass window showing various trades and industries.
Listing NGR: SE3071656290
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings