Visiting for the first time since the site upgrade? Read what's new!
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.1512 / 52°9'4"N
Longitude: -0.7008 / 0°42'2"W
OS Eastings: 488988
OS Northings: 251118
OS Grid: SP889511
Mapcode National: GBR CZ0.3N9
Mapcode Global: VHDSN.S6W7
Entry Name: The Vicarage Including Attached Coachhouse
Location: Olney, Milton Keynes, MK46
County: Milton Keynes
Traditional County: Buckinghamshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Buckinghamshire
Listing Date: 3 March 1952
Source: Historic England
English Heritage Legacy ID: 45686
Source ID: 1158059
OLNEY CHURCH STREET
1/12 (north side)
3.3.52 The Vicarage including
Early C18, ashlar stone, old tiled roof with three widely spaced hipped dormers with
double hung sashes. Three stone and brick chimney stacks, dentilled eaves cornice.
Two storeys and attic, first floor band. Door right of centre with 4 panels, two
flush panels, plain reveals, good stone doorcase with eared architrave, pulvinated
frieze and consoles supporting dentilled triangular pediment. Windows are sashes in
plain stone architraves with keyblocks, two to right of door, three to left and six to
first floor. Low wall on right links house to C18 stone coachhouse with old tiled
roof, door on left, carriageway door on right.
Home of John Newton, while curate of Olney 1764-1780, friend of William Cowper and his
collaborator on the Olney Hymns.
Listing NGR: SP8898851118
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings