This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.067 / 52°4'1"N
Longitude: -3.11 / 3°6'36"W
OS Eastings: 324005
OS Northings: 241540
OS Grid: SO240415
Mapcode National: GBR F1.CZ26
Mapcode Global: VH780.19QS
Entry Name: Church of St Mary
Listing Date: 26 January 1967
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1168008
English Heritage Legacy ID: 153729
Location: Cusop, County of Herefordshire, HR3
County: County of Herefordshire
Traditional County: Herefordshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Herefordshire
Church of England Parish: Cusop
Church of England Diocese: Hereford
SO 24 SW CUSOP CP CUSOP
4/108 Church of St Mary
Parish church. Early C12 and C13, restorations of 1857 by J P St Aubyn,
and 1961. Rubble, ashlar dressings, stone slate roof. Chancel and nave C12,
south porch and north vestry 1857. Nave: south wall: 2 windows, at east
end of two pointed lights, completely restored, to west end small C12 semi-
circular headed window with tufa dressings; 1857 south porch east of latter
window, enclosing south door which has a flat lintel on shouldered Jambs
(all 1857); west wall rebuilt in 1857 with clasping corner buttresses, and
3 lancets surmounted by a sexfoil light; north wall: a window of 2 pointed
lights, late C13 in style, restored, to west of blocked C12 north door with
massive lintel and shouldered jambs; north vestry of 1857 with Decorated
style window of 3 lights. Weatherboarded bellcote at east end of nave roof,
1961, replacing earlier one. Chancel: C12, a single C13 lancet to north and
south walls; east window 1857 of three pointed lights with quatrefoils above,
under 2-centred head. Interior: early C12 chancel arch of two plain orders
with chamfered imposts, one block of impost with decorative carving; blocked
opening to north of arch, former rood loft entry. Roofs: nave: 5 bays
defined by tie-beam trusses with 2 raking struts rising from feet of principal
rafters and halved near apex, restored but possibly C14; chancel: of 3 bays,
3 trusses, low pitch with collars, one truss with tie-beam, perhaps C16.
Fittings: font, C13 tapering cylindrical bowl with shallow diapering at rim,
rest of surface a trellis pattern. (RCHM, 1, pp 46-7).
Listing NGR: SO2400341538
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Source links go to a search for the specified title at Amazon. Availability of the title is dependent on current publication status. You may also want to check AbeBooks, particularly for older titles.
Other nearby listed buildings