Visiting for the first time since the site upgrade? Read what's new!
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 53.1434 / 53°8'36"N
Longitude: 0.0099 / 0°0'35"E
OS Eastings: 534533
OS Northings: 362578
OS Grid: TF345625
Mapcode National: GBR JTD.WX0
Mapcode Global: WHHKZ.4802
Entry Name: Church of St Andrew
Location: East Kirkby, East Lindsey, Lincolnshire, PE23
District: East Lindsey
Parish: East Kirkby
Traditional County: Lincolnshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Lincolnshire
Listing Date: 3 February 1967
Source: Historic England
English Heritage Legacy ID: 196234
Source ID: 1168130
TF 36 SW HAGNABY CHURCH LANE
1/21 Church of St. Andrew
Parish church. Late C18 with 1881 and 1903 alterations and
extensions. Render over red brick. Slate roofs. Single
projecting stack to north nave. Modillion eaves to nave forming
open pediments in the east and west walls. Chamfered plinth.
West porch, nave with west cupola, north transept and apsidal
chancel. Wooden cupola with slatted openings. Rounded domed
roof with tall finial topped with single small orb. 1881 west
porch with moulded eaves and clasping Doric pilasters with
dosserets which form an open pediment in the west wall. West
wall with single round arched lead glazing bar casement.
Projecting from the north wall is a lean-to with single round
arched lead glazing bar cross casement in the west wall.
Projecting from the lean-to is a further lean-to with doorway
with plank door in the west wall. The north nave has a single
round arched casement with marginal lights. To the left is the
transept with wooden modillion eaves to the west and east and
moulded eaves to the north. The west wall has a single round
arched fixed window with 2 transoms. The north wall has a single
round arched casement with marginal lights. Over is a single
small rectangular opening. The 1903 apse with overhanging eaves
supported on modillion brick cornice has 3 round arched fixed
windows. The south nave with 2 round arched casements with
marginal lights. South porch with round arched doorway 3 steps
up with double doors, moulded architrave, pendant keystone and
continuous imposts terminating in single Doric pilasters
supporting an entablature which extends across the whole of this
front. Interior. Barrel vaulted porch with round chamfered
arched vestry doorway with panelled door. Archway through to
nave with moulded architrave, pendant keystone and imposts.
Moulded transept arch. Apse with 2 clasping Doric pilasters and 2
further Doric pilasters, moulded cornice. C19 furnishings. Late
C19 coloured marble font. Truncated pyramidal base surmounted by
octagonal bowl cut with triangular panels. Panels contain
varying coloured marble half orbs. Cl9 brass memorial to the
Listing NGR: TF3453362578
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings