Visiting for the first time since the site upgrade? Read what's new!
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.5897 / 52°35'22"N
Longitude: -1.2127 / 1°12'45"W
OS Eastings: 453432
OS Northings: 299386
OS Grid: SP534993
Mapcode National: GBR 8MY.L6V
Mapcode Global: WHDJP.B5RJ
Entry Name: Congregational Chapel Hall
Location: Enderby, Blaby, Leicestershire, LE19
Traditional County: Leicestershire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Leicestershire
Listing Date: 23 February 1987
Source: Historic England
English Heritage Legacy ID: 188931
Source ID: 1177047
ENDERBY CHAPEL STREET
9/11 Congregational Chapel Hall
Former Congregational chapel, now used as hall. 1822, enlarged and altered 1860,
as dated on plaque on front gable. Red brick with slate roof. Galleried. Front
gable is of 1860 and has windows with cambered heads flanking porch, and 3 windows
with pairs of semicircular arched lights above. All front windows are boarded
up but can be seen from inside to retain ornamental cast-iron glazing bars.
Central gabled porch has arched double doors and blind arched side lights. Later
chimney to right. Right side retains 2 tall blind semicircular arches, probably
of 1822, with 2-light windows to each storey, the lower windows with cambered
heads and shutters. Cast-iron glazing bars as before. Rear block at slight
angle has semicircular arched windows with cast-iron Y-tracery to upper storey,
and shuttered window and arched door below on right side. Low extensions to
rear gable. Interior has gallery with panelled balustrade on iron columns and
elaborate boarded ceiling with wooden rib ornament of later C19 date. C20 ceiling
inserted to rest on top of balustrade.
Listing NGR: SP5343299386
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings