Visiting for the first time since the site upgrade? Read what's new!
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.3367 / 52°20'12"N
Longitude: -2.8663 / 2°51'58"W
OS Eastings: 341067
OS Northings: 271308
OS Grid: SO410713
Mapcode National: GBR BC.TYVK
Mapcode Global: VH76S.8JJK
Entry Name: Remains of Wigmore Abbey
Location: Adforton, County of Herefordshire, SY7
County: County of Herefordshire
Traditional County: Herefordshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Herefordshire
Listing Date: 11 June 1959
Source: Historic England
English Heritage Legacy ID: 149486
Source ID: 1179921
SO 47 SW ADFORTON CP GRANGE
6/20 Remains of Wigmore Abbey
Abbey, now ruins. Late C12 and C14. Founded by Hugh Mortimer for Augustinian
Canons of St Victor of Paris. Coursed sandstone rubble. Fragments of nave
and chancel with gable wall of south transept. The Abbey ruins are a
scheduled Ancient Monument, County no 135. (BoE, p 321-2; RCHM, Vol III, p 1).
Listing NGR: SO4107271321
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Source links go to a search for the specified title at Amazon. Availability of the title is dependent on current publication status. You may also want to check AbeBooks, particularly for older titles.
Other nearby listed buildings