This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.8603 / 52°51'37"N
Longitude: -2.0581 / 2°3'29"W
OS Eastings: 396187
OS Northings: 329203
OS Grid: SJ961292
Mapcode National: GBR 27K.NHV
Mapcode Global: WHBDN.CC6K
Entry Name: Trentham Tower
Listing Date: 10 January 1953
Last Amended: 25 April 1980
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1189768
English Heritage Legacy ID: 272299
Location: Sandon and Burston, Stafford, Staffordshire, ST18
Parish: Sandon and Burston
Traditional County: Staffordshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Staffordshire
Church of England Parish: Sandon All Saints
Church of England Diocese: Lichfield
SANDON SANDON PARK
(formerly listed as Tower)
SJ 92 NE 16/6 10.1.53.
Circa 1840. Designed by Sir Charles Barry and the upper part of a square tower
formerly part of Trentham Ball and moved here after Trentham Hall was demolished
in 1910-12. Ashlar on plastered brick base. Three round headed arches on each
side with engaged Corinthian columns supporting an entablature. Open balustrade
and urn finials.
Listing NGR: SJ9618729203
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings