This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 50.8378 / 50°50'16"N
Longitude: -0.3226 / 0°19'21"W
OS Eastings: 518206
OS Northings: 105598
OS Grid: TQ182055
Mapcode National: GBR HMC.H7P
Mapcode Global: FRA B66W.J3J
Entry Name: The Parish Church of St James
Listing Date: 12 October 1954
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1192533
English Heritage Legacy ID: 297263
Location: Lancing, Adur, West Sussex, BN15
County: West Sussex
Traditional County: Sussex
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): West Sussex
Church of England Parish: Lancing St James the Less
Church of England Diocese: Chichester
This list entry was subject to a Minor Amendment on 08/01/2013
TQ 10 NE
The Parish Church of St
Chancel, north vestry, central tower, nave with aisles and south porch. South porch
Transitional Norman. Remainder C13 with later windows. The topmost courses of the
tower were removed in 1618 and a pyramidal roof added, originally of Horsham slabs,
since partly replaced with tiles. Flint cobbles, partly pebbledashed.
Listing NGR: TQ1820505598
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings