This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 53.4708 / 53°28'14"N
Longitude: -2.2612 / 2°15'40"W
OS Eastings: 382761
OS Northings: 397150
OS Grid: SJ827971
Mapcode National: GBR DFL.2T
Mapcode Global: WHB9N.71J1
Entry Name: 215-219, Chester Road
Listing Date: 3 October 1974
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1208634
English Heritage Legacy ID: 388003
Location: Manchester, M15
Metropolitan District Ward: Hulme
Traditional County: Lancashire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Greater Manchester
Church of England Parish: Hulme The Ascension
Church of England Diocese: Manchester
SJ8297 CHESTER ROAD
698-1/18/55 (South side)
03/10/74 Nos.215 TO 219 (Odd)
Terraced row of 3 town houses. c.1800, probably in 2 builds;
altered. Red brick in Flemish bond, hipped slate roof.
Double-depth plan, rectangular except for rear wing to No.219,
Nos 215 and 219 double-fronted and No.217 between them
single-fronted. Two storeys over cellars, 5+3+5 windows,
No.219 to the right breaking forwards slightly; rendered
plinth, modillioned wooden eaves cornice, sill-band to No.219.
Nos 215 and 217 have round-headed doorways up 3 rebuilt steps,
open-pedimented doorcases of engaged Tuscan columns with
fluted caps and entablatures with urn decoration; No.219 has a
wide round-headed doorway with plain reveal, up 3 steps; all
have low segmental-headed cellar windows, and tall windows on
the main floors, those at ground floor with flat-arched heads.
All openings boarded at time of survey. Hipped roof, now
lacking original chimneys. Rear remodelled (former back
extensions removed). Interior not inspected.
Listing NGR: SJ8276197150
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings