This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 50.5354 / 50°32'7"N
Longitude: -5.0139 / 5°0'50"W
OS Eastings: 186518
OS Northings: 74959
OS Grid: SW865749
Mapcode National: GBR ZJ.066D
Mapcode Global: FRA 07DN.0H6
Entry Name: Remains of St Constantine's Well
Listing Date: 6 June 1969
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1212745
English Heritage Legacy ID: 397252
Location: St. Merryn, Cornwall, PL28
Parish: St. Merryn
Locality: St Merryn
Traditional County: Cornwall
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Cornwall
Church of England Parish: St Merryn
Church of England Diocese: Truro
SW 87 SE
3/236 Remains of St Constantine's well
Well house to holy well, dedicated to St Constantine. Medieval, possibly of the C14.
Stone rubble. Well house of rectangular plan with small well sump to rear.
Low well house with the remains of a pointed stone vaulted roof. Within the building
there is a pointed arched opening towards the rear, over the well sump with a niche
There are several pieces of medieval tracery lying nearby. The wellhouse was
rediscovered in 1917, covered over by seven feet of sand. A shelter has been erected
over the well house in the mid C20.
Listing NGR: SW8651874959
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings