This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.0229 / 52°1'22"N
Longitude: -0.8694 / 0°52'9"W
OS Eastings: 477675
OS Northings: 236656
OS Grid: SP776366
Mapcode National: GBR BZ0.30S
Mapcode Global: VHDT4.WF83
Entry Name: The Old Latin School
Listing Date: 25 September 1951
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1214915
English Heritage Legacy ID: 399900
Location: Beachampton, Aylesbury Vale, Buckinghamshire, MK19
District: Aylesbury Vale
Civil Parish: Beachampton
Traditional County: Buckinghamshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Buckinghamshire
Church of England Parish: Beachampton
Church of England Diocese: Oxford
SP 73 NE
The Old Latin School
(Formerly listed as The Old Latin School (Elmer's))
Former school-house, now dwelling. Documented 1668, some C18 alterations.
Founded by William Elmer of Grange Farmhouse opposite. Coursed
rubble stone, plinth, rough quoins, timber lintels to openings, old
tile roof, end stacks. School-room to centre of ground floor. Two
storeys and attic, five bays. Leaded casements, 3-light to outer bays,
2-light to inner bays and above door on porch. Flat stone arch
over lower right-hand window. Two gabled dormers with bargeboards
and diagonally leaded paired casements to inner bays. Centre bay has
two storey gabled porch with C19 6-panelled door set back under segmental
moulded arch, string course at impost level. Central clock turret
with pointed arched lights and leaded ogee cap on bracketted cornice.
Modern extension to rear.
RCHM II pp 62-3. MON 7
Listing NGR: SP7767536656
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings