History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Fortescue Arms and Coach House

A Grade II Listed Building in Tattershall, Lincolnshire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 53.1046 / 53°6'16"N

Longitude: -0.1898 / 0°11'23"W

OS Eastings: 521286

OS Northings: 357904

OS Grid: TF212579

Mapcode National: GBR HSD.6W9

Mapcode Global: WHHL2.17X9

Entry Name: Fortescue Arms and Coach House

Listing Date: 14 September 1966

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1215315

English Heritage Legacy ID: 400473

Location: Tattershall, East Lindsey, Lincolnshire, LN4

County: Lincolnshire

District: East Lindsey

Parish: Tattershall

Traditional County: Lincolnshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Lincolnshire

Church of England Parish: Tattershall Holy Trinity

Church of England Diocese: Lincoln

Listing Text

TF 2057-2157 TATTERSHALL MARKET PLACE
(east side)

10/64 Fortescue Arms
14.9.66 and Coach House

G.V. II


Hotel and coach house. C15, early C18, with early C19 and C20
alterations. Painted and rendered brick, hipped slate roof with
lead dressings to hotel, pantile roof to coach house, single wall
and 3 ridge red brick stacks. 2 storey with attics, 3 bay front,
having tall plinth and first floor band, central C20 door with
plain overlight in wooden pilastered surround with narrow lead
hood. To right a single canted glazing bar sash window with flat
lead roof and to right a C20 rectangular bay with 2 doors. To
first floor are 3 glazing bar sashes. In the roof are 2 gabled
dormers with plain sashes and slate hung cheeks. To right is a
lower 2 storey service block also with plinth and band having
central C20 door with to left a glazing bar sash and to right a
further canted bay window. To first floor are 2 glazing bar
sashes. Beyond again to the right a 2 storey coach house with
band to the right only, and brick dentillated eaves course,
having off-centre rusticated basket arched opening with grotesque
head over the keystone. Rusticated stucco quoins continue up to
a dentillated slightly projecting segmental hood. To left is a
planked door with above a single glazing bar sash. To the rear
of the hotel is brickwork of C15 character.


Listing NGR: TF2128657904

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.