This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 50.7334 / 50°44'0"N
Longitude: -2.7552 / 2°45'18"W
OS Eastings: 346798
OS Northings: 92916
OS Grid: SY467929
Mapcode National: GBR PP.0CVS
Mapcode Global: FRA 5734.QFD
Entry Name: No 55 Including Railings ringstead House
Listing Date: 28 November 1950
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1215964
English Heritage Legacy ID: 104516
Location: Bridport, West Dorset, Dorset, DT6
District: West Dorset
Civil Parish: Bridport
Traditional County: Dorset
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Dorset
Church of England Parish: Bridport St Mary
Church of England Diocese: Salisbury
1. EAST STREET
5191 (North Side)
28.11.50. No 53 (Ringstead House) and
- No 55, including Railings
SY 4692 1/67
1835. Founded as a Liberal Club by Henry Warburton, MP. Colour washed brick.
Stone cornice and moulded string. 3 storeys and basement. 4 ranges of sashes
with glazing bars. Continuous balcony with cast iron balustrade supported
on brackets. Shop and bay window inserted into No 55. No 53 has panelled
door with moulded acanthus ornament and semi-circular fanlight set in reveals
also with moulded acanthus ornament. Cast iron railings to +\rea and steps.
Nos 37 to 47 (odd), the Unitarian Chapel, the Public Library, and Nos 53 to 57 (odd)
form a group.
Listing NGR: SY4679892917
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings