Visiting for the first time since the site upgrade? Read what's new!
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 50.9688 / 50°58'7"N
Longitude: -0.8846 / 0°53'4"W
OS Eastings: 478420
OS Northings: 119413
OS Grid: SU784194
Mapcode National: GBR CCR.56J
Mapcode Global: FRA 961K.17G
Entry Name: The Parish Church of St Mary
Location: Harting, Chichester, West Sussex, GU31
County: West Sussex
Traditional County: Sussex
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): West Sussex
Listing Date: 18 June 1959
Source: Historic England
English Heritage Legacy ID: 301867
Source ID: 1233417
SU 7819-7919 HARTING THE STREET
28/22 The Parish Church of
Parish Church. Circa 1300, late C16. Malmstone rubble with tiled roofs. Cruciform church with north chapel to the chancel (and originally a south chapel which is now in
ruins), aisles to the nave and a north porch. The central tower has a broached
copper-covered spire. The whole church is about 1300 except the south chapel which
was added by the Cryll family as their mortuary chapel about 1610 but had fallen
into ruins by the C19, and the north porch which was added in 1938. The original
roof was destroyed by fire about 1576 and was rebuilt in the late C16.
Listing NGR: SU7841919414
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings