This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 50.9859 / 50°59'9"N
Longitude: -0.7375 / 0°44'14"W
OS Eastings: 488713
OS Northings: 121483
OS Grid: SU887214
Mapcode National: GBR DF3.0CL
Mapcode Global: FRA 96BH.Y7Y
Entry Name: The Parish Church of St Mary
Listing Date: 18 June 1959
Last Amended: 26 November 1987
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1234717
English Heritage Legacy ID: 410679
Location: Midhurst, Chichester, West Sussex, GU29
County: West Sussex
Traditional County: Sussex
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): West Sussex
Church of England Parish: Midhurst St Mary Magdalene and St Denis
Church of England Diocese: Chichester
MIDHURST MARKET SQUARE (north side)
21/45 The Parish Church of
18.6.59 (Formerly listed under
Red Lion Street)
Chancel with north and south chapels, tower in the place of a south transept
with low shingled spire, nave with aisles. Base of the tower C13, the upper
portions of the tower, the nave and the arcades of the chancel early C16. The
remainder dates from 1882, when the whole church was so much restored that its
character is largely C19. Architect Lacy W Ridge.
Listing NGR: SU8871321483
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings