History in Structure

Visiting for the first time since the site upgrade? Read what's new!

Church of All Saints

A Grade II Listed Building in Oxted, Surrey

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 51.2609 / 51°15'39"N

Longitude: -0.0043 / 0°0'15"W

OS Eastings: 539347

OS Northings: 153192

OS Grid: TQ393531

Mapcode National: GBR KK6.ZP8

Mapcode Global: VHGS6.WK3S

Entry Name: Church of All Saints

Location: Oxted, Tandridge, Surrey, RH8

County: Surrey

District: Tandridge

Parish: Oxted

Traditional County: Surrey

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Surrey

Listing Date: 23 November 1998

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

English Heritage Legacy ID: 471712

Source ID: 1245423

Listing Text

TQ 35 SE OXTED CHICHELE ROAD
(East side)
303/6/10037
Church of All Saints

II

Roman Catholic church. Chancel 1913-14, rest 1918-19. By Leonard Williams. Coursed squared stone basement, red and burnt brick above with small panels of flint forming a simplified chequer pattern. Plain-tile roof Late Perpendicular style combining Arts and crafts elements. Chancel, nave and aisles in one over part basement. Buttresses with set-offs. Chancel has 4-light east window and 2-light windows to north and south. Single-storey projection and small bell-cote to north and stair projection to south. Nave has low 3-light windows. West end has two 3-light windows to nave above two Tudor-arched doorways. 2-light windows to aisle ends.
INTERIOR. Arcades with moulded arches dying back into plain piers and responds. Painted and gilded waggon roof the decoration carried out 1928 to the design of Geoffrey Webb. Triple sedilia. Elaborate carved, painted and gilded reredos, erected 1927, and made by Art and Book Co. It is a copy of Fra Angelico's Coronation of the Vitgin now in the Louvre. Finely carved rood screen designed by Leonard Williams and made by Bridgeman of Lichfield. Organ gallery and screen designed by Geoffrey Webb and also made by Bridgeman. Pulpit and sounding board, and font and cover.

Listing NGR: TQ3934753192

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.