This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 53.1568 / 53°9'24"N
Longitude: 0.1527 / 0°9'9"E
OS Eastings: 544034
OS Northings: 364344
OS Grid: TF440643
Mapcode National: GBR KVX.3DL
Mapcode Global: WHJLZ.9XYB
Entry Name: Church of All Saints
Listing Date: 17 December 1987
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1267242
English Heritage Legacy ID: 419343
Location: Great Steeping, East Lindsey, Lincolnshire, PE23
District: East Lindsey
Parish: Great Steeping
Traditional County: Lincolnshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Lincolnshire
Church of England Parish: Great Steeping All Saints
Church of England Diocese: Lincoln
GREAT STEEPING MAIN STREET
TF 46 SW
3/51A Church of All Saints
Parish church. 1891 designed by William Bassett-Smith. Nave and chancel with south
porch. Red brick with white brick and ashlar dressings. Plain tile roofs with ashlar
coped galbes with kneelers and cross finials. Small square wooden lantern at west
end of nave, with a bell and small spire. Chamfered red brick plinth, moulded red
brick buttresses with ashlar set offs. West front has a pair of tall lancets and a
quatrofoil window above. South front has a projecting gabled porch with ashlar coped
gable with kneelers. Doorway with double chamfered, pointed arched surround and
double plank doors. To the east, 3 tall lancets, and beyond 3 slightly shorter
lancets to the chancel. Chancel east wall has 3 tall lancets, the central one higher.
The north front has a projecting gabled vestry, and 4 tall lancets to the nave. All
these lancet windows have moulded ashlar surrounds sunk within plain brick surrounds,
with ashlar cills and white brick hoods joined by a white brick impost band. Interior:
Walls are decorated with simple polychromatic decoration. Wooden roofs, pews, screen
and choir stalls. Octagonal bowl and stem font.
Listing NGR: TF4403464344
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings