This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 53.1069 / 53°6'24"N
Longitude: -2.0282 / 2°1'41"W
OS Eastings: 398208
OS Northings: 356631
OS Grid: SJ982566
Mapcode National: GBR 24P.B17
Mapcode Global: WHBCH.T5CJ
Entry Name: Former Grammar School
Listing Date: 13 April 1951
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1268615
English Heritage Legacy ID: 461620
Location: Leek, Staffordshire Moorlands, Staffordshire, ST13
District: Staffordshire Moorlands
Civil Parish: Leek
Traditional County: Staffordshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Staffordshire
Church of England Parish: Leek St Edward the Confessor
Church of England Diocese: Lichfield
SJ9856NW CLERK BANK
611-1/4/45 (North side)
13/04/51 Former Grammar School
Formerly known as: Grammar School (Alexandra Club) CLERK BANK.
Former grammar school. Dated 1723. Coursed and squared stone
with plain-tiled roof.
EXTERIOR: 2-storey, 3-window range. Central door with heavy
stone lintel. Inscribed stone over doorway records: 'This
building erected by the Earl of Macclesfield, Lord High
Chancellor of Great Britain, Anno Domini, 1723'. Flanking and
upper windows are 3-light plain chamfered mullions with
latticed glazing. Coped gables with moulded kneelers; moulded
stone eaves cornice. Brick end wall stacks.
INTERIOR: not inspected.
Listing NGR: SJ9820856631
Other nearby listed buildings