Visiting for the first time since the site upgrade? Read what's new!
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.9602 / 52°57'36"N
Longitude: -1.1792 / 1°10'45"W
OS Eastings: 455229
OS Northings: 340632
OS Grid: SK552406
Mapcode National: GBR LGL.RZ
Mapcode Global: WHDGR.VVMH
Entry Name: Church of St Peter
Location: Nottingham, NG7
County: City of Nottingham
Locality: Radford and Park
Traditional County: Nottinghamshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Nottinghamshire
Listing Date: 11 August 1952
Source: Historic England
English Heritage Legacy ID: 457227
Source ID: 1270769
SK54SE HARTLEY ROAD, Radford
646-1/4/245 (North West side)
11/08/52 Church of St Peter
Church. 1812. By Henry Moses Wood of Nottingham. Chancel and
side chapel dated 1871. Vestry late C19 with mid C20 addition.
Ashlar with slate roofs. C20 addition yellow brick with stone
PLAN: chancel, organ chamber and vestry, aisleless nave, west
EXTERIOR: chancel and chapel, Gothic Revival style, has
plinth, buttresses, coped gables with crosses, and tile
crests. East end has a 5-light window with geometrical
tracery, north and south sides have single pointed arched
windows, all with hood moulds. Organ chamber, to south, has a
round-arched dated panel, with a round window above. Vestry,
to north, gabled, with flat roofed C20 addition.
Nave, Gothick style, 6 bays, has pointed arched openings with
hood moulds, and crenellated parapet. To south, 4 windows with
Y tracery, flanked to west by a matching doorway and to east
by a traceried window with a priest's door below it. North
side has 6 windows with Y tracery, and west end has 2 similar
Square west tower, 3 stages, has diagonal buttresses and
crenellated parapet. Pointed arched west door. Above, a
traceried round window on 3 sides. Bell stage has a pointed
arched opening on each side with Y tracery. In the north-west
angle, a single cell square projection with hipped roof.
INTERIOR: rendered. Chancel has heavily moulded arch with hood
mould and triple marble shafts. Flanking the arch, segmental
pointed openings with altar to south and door to north.
Pointed arched barrel vault with wooden ribs. Windows have C19
Nave has moulded cornice and flat ceiling, pointed arched
doors and internal porch. C19 gallery removed and C20 screen
with stained glass panels inserted at west end.
Fittings mainly late C19 including octagonal ashlar font and
Wooden reredos, 1927. Memorials include Gothic marble tablet,
1840, and traceried panelled wooden war memorial, c1918.
(The Buildings of England: Pevsner N: Nottinghamshire: London:
Listing NGR: SK5522940632
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Source links go to a search for the specified title at Amazon. Availability of the title is dependent on current publication status. You may also want to check AbeBooks, particularly for older titles.
Other nearby listed buildings