History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Peterstone Farm House

A Grade II Listed Building in Burnham Overy, Norfolk

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 52.952 / 52°57'7"N

Longitude: 0.7693 / 0°46'9"E

OS Eastings: 586138

OS Northings: 342992

OS Grid: TF861429

Mapcode National: GBR R5P.WWY

Mapcode Global: WHKPK.S2J7

Entry Name: Peterstone Farm House

Listing Date: 1 March 1985

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1273867

English Heritage Legacy ID: 416829

Location: Burnham Overy, King's Lynn and West Norfolk, Norfolk, NR23

County: Norfolk

District: King's Lynn and West Norfolk

Parish: Burnham Overy

Traditional County: Norfolk

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Norfolk

Church of England Parish: Burnham Overy St Clement

Church of England Diocese: Norwich

Listing Text

TF 84 SE BURNHAM OVERY BURNHAM OVERY TOWN

7/72 Peterstone Farm House.

G.V. II

Farmhouse. Rebuilt as cottages c.1830, including medieval remains
of the Augustinian Canons house, Peterstone Priory, founded before 1200
and incorporated 1449 as a hospital into the house of the Walsingham
Augustinian Canons, the guardians of the Shrine of Our Lady. Gault brick,
smut pantile roofs to late build, flint, carstone, clunch and brick to
north front of early build. 2 storey with attics, 'T' plan, upright medieval,
crosspiece c.1830. North front of early build has in situ single chamfer
doorway with hood mould arch, brick end quoins and cut stone kneeler to
east gable, 3 ground floor windows and 2 first floor casements of 2 and
3 lights with lead glazing bars in brick dressed openings. This build
is expressed as single bay central gable of c.1830 west front with 2 2-
bay flanking wings. Gable has one ground, one first and one attic sash
with glazing bars, end pilasters, first floor platband, moulded brick
cornice and gable eaves with apex stack. Wings have one ground and one
first floor sash with glazing bars, one first floor blocked window, all
openings under flat rubbed brick arches. South wing part glazed door
under radial glazing bar sash, round rubbed brick arch, corresponding
door to north blocked. Moulded brick eaves cornice, coped parapet gables,
2 end stacks. Details identify as Holkham Estate building.


Listing NGR: TF8613842992

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.